Water, Good Water Always Has A Start – Dhangadhi, Nepal
Water, good water endeavors, take a measure of time, resources and people-power to accomplish.
Wrapping up my time in Dhangadhi, Nepal after our GHNI anti-Human Trafficking Conference, I was able to visit and assess three well sites we(actually you!) have been sponsoring and re-equipping. Each well has it’s own unique history. One was being newly established. While another was already long-term and pumping clean quality water for much-needed irrigation of rice and other crops. And yet another was in the process (literally, while we were there) of being changed over from a high-maintenance/high-energy consumption diesel pump … to an extremely low-maintenance/highly efficient electric pump. All you-GHNI sponsored!
It’s difficult to put into words all the help and benefits provided in each of these well installations and upgrades. Allow your imagination some entertainment in a few of these listed below. And then “CLICK ON” each/BOTH of the “CLICK ON” texts below to link to a brief video from David(our GHNI Dhangadhi, Nepal Field Lead) to get some additional “fluid perspective” on (1) our work there and (2) the new water being pumped.
* Water: provides for many abundant needs ranging from 2nd-season irrigation, cooking, washing, hygiene, thirst
* Work: provides for needs to work, self-esteem, physical activity and wholeness of life
* Weather: provides for non-season non-monsoonal water needs when water tables are lowest
* Worth: micro-enterprise is a GHNI pillar, providing many potentials for incomes and additional incomes generation
* Winning: Hope is desperately needed in each of our lives. Hope runs in abundance in these TCD endeavors!!!
Thanks to YOU … this is all available to increasing numbers of people in “this your village”! 🙂
Posted on October 23, 2014, in GHNI, nepal, TCD, Water, Wells and tagged clean drinking water, ghni, Global Hope Network International, TCD, Transformational Community Development, water, wells. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.