Monthly Archives: October 2014
Water, good water endeavors, take a measure of time, resources and people-power to accomplish.
Wrapping up my time in Dhangadhi, Nepal after our GHNI anti-Human Trafficking Conference, I was able to visit and assess three well sites we(actually you!) have been sponsoring and re-equipping. Each well has it’s own unique history. One was being newly established. While another was already long-term and pumping clean quality water for much-needed irrigation of rice and other crops. And yet another was in the process (literally, while we were there) of being changed over from a high-maintenance/high-energy consumption diesel pump … to an extremely low-maintenance/highly efficient electric pump. All you-GHNI sponsored!
It’s difficult to put into words all the help and benefits provided in each of these well installations and upgrades. Allow your imagination some entertainment in a few of these listed below. And then “CLICK ON” each/BOTH of the “CLICK ON” texts below to link to a brief video from David(our GHNI Dhangadhi, Nepal Field Lead) to get some additional “fluid perspective” on (1) our work there and (2) the new water being pumped.
* Water: provides for many abundant needs ranging from 2nd-season irrigation, cooking, washing, hygiene, thirst
* Work: provides for needs to work, self-esteem, physical activity and wholeness of life
* Weather: provides for non-season non-monsoonal water needs when water tables are lowest
* Worth: micro-enterprise is a GHNI pillar, providing many potentials for incomes and additional incomes generation
* Winning: Hope is desperately needed in each of our lives. Hope runs in abundance in these TCD endeavors!!!
Thanks to YOU … this is all available to increasing numbers of people in “this your village”! 🙂